Family Law Attorneys Serving Gig Harbor

The family law attorneys at Morton McGoldrick understand that family relationships can make dealing with the law an emotionally complex process. The emotional strain is only increased when children are involved. With the help of our family law attorneys, Gig Harbor, Kitsap Peninsula and Pierce County residents get more than just a qualified representative. Our family law attorneys are understanding of your situation. They provide valuable counsel and emotional support whether advocating for you during arbitration or in and out of court. While a family law attorney from our firm can represent you throughout custody and divorce matters, the area of family law is much more extensive than the dissolution of marriages. Our firm can help you with these additional familial issues as well.

Helping to Grow Your Family

A family law attorney from Morton McGoldrick can help you navigate the legal facets of growing your family. Whether you are adopting a child, starting a new marriage, or combining two families into a single unit, our training and experience allows us to assist you in handling the legal technicalities, letting you focus on your family.


Our team of attorneys at Morton McGoldrick will help you through the entirety of the adoption process to clear away legal hurdles. We can prepare all required legal paperwork and furnish you with additional support so that this part of the process is straightforward and less stressful. The team at Morton McGoldrick has experience with finalizing adoptions for Tacoma residents in Pierce County Superior Court.

Marital Property Agreements

Financial disagreements are the biggest contributing factor when a marriage fails. It can be useful to have a written agreement that makes your perception of property division clear at the time of the marriage and if it comes to an end. Whether it is a marital property agreement or pre-nuptial agreement, it is necessary to understand that these agreements protect more than just your current assets. A family law attorney with Morton McGoldrick can help you devise a contract that meets your expectations for property ownership both during your marriage and after a divorce and will also be enforceable within a court of law.  Our family law attorneys are familiar with the legal requirements necessary to ensure that these agreements will be upheld in Washington.

Third Party Custody Issues

Sometimes relatives like grandparents, aunts, uncles, or additional parties want to take custody of children when their parents cannot or will not take care of them. Our family law attorneys have experience representing family members pursuing custody in these situations. These cases may be fiercely contested, especially if the family disagrees about what is best for the child, so having an experienced family law attorney on your side can be crucial to the outcome of the case. Litigation of this kind requires experience and expertise.  The family law attorneys at Morton McGoldrick regularly help residents of Gig Harbor and Pierce County litigate and resolve these disputes successfully.

Committed Intimate Relationship

Even if there hasn’t been a marriage, breaking up after a long-term relationship can be emotionally complex and exhausting. These relationships are often referenced to as “common law marriages,” even though there is no common law marriage statute in Washington. Individuals in these committed intimate relationship do still have the legal standing to seek a distribution of property through the court system. Issues often mirror those that occur during the dissolution of marriage. A family law attorney from Morton McGoldrick can help you navigate these processes and work towards a gratifying outcome.

Call Us For a Family Law Attorney Consultation Today

Don’t enter court or sign binding legal documents that affect your children, marriage, or property without a trusted family law attorney in Gig Harbor. We can represent your interests and work towards a reasonable, fair judgment that is beneficial to you. Call (253) 655-2275 or contact us today.