Marc H. Cochran
Marc’s primary practice areas are estate planning and probate. He also works in the areas of business entity formation and trust administration.
After attending the University of Washington and receiving his B.A. in Political Science in 1976, Marc attended the University of Santa Clara where he obtained his J.D. in 1979. Marc then attended Boston University, receiving his LL.M. in Taxation in 1982.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Past Member of the Tacoma Estate Planning Council
- Past President of the Board of Directors of Camp Fire Boys and Girls – Orca Council
- Past President of the Woodlake Homeowner’s Association
- Instructor of Federal Estate and Gift Taxation and Federal Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates, Pierce College, 1986-1995
- Instructor of Probate Procedures, Pierce College, 1993-1995
- Author, “The Underwriter and Attorney Estate Planning Team,” July/August 1990, Puget Sound Life Underwriters Journal 23
- Author, “Close Corporation Securities Qualification: A Call for an Extension of Prior Intent,” 19 Santa Clara Law Review 147 (1979)
- Research Editor, Santa Clara Law Review, 1978-1979
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Tax Court (1982)
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Washington (1979)
- Washington (1979)
Marc was born in Tacoma, Washington and was raised in Seattle. He has also lived in Santa Clara, California and Boston, Massachusetts but has lived in the Tacoma area since obtaining his LL.M. in Taxation.