Kathleen is a trial attorney with experience in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate level. She practices in the areas of real estate, contracts, business and employment law. In addition to litigation, she has successfully handled commercial mediations and arbitrations.
After graduating from Stadium High School, Kathleen attended University of Puget Sound and graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in Economics in 1979. She then attended the University of Washington, receiving her J.D. with honors in 1982.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Volunteer for Zoobillee Committee for the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium
- Volunteer for Boys and Girls Club of South Puget Sound
- Volunteer for Pierce County AIDS Foundation
- Former Board Member, Tacoma Pierce County Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member of Rotary 8
- Past Member Tacoma Art Museum’s Activities Committee
- Professor of Legal Writing, University of Puget Sound, 1986-1987
- Author: “Purchase Options,” Washington Practice Series, 1988
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington (1999)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington (1999)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1991)
- Washington (1982)
Kathleen was born and raised in north Tacoma. She is married to Steve Pierce and is the mother of three great daughters. While not practicing law, Kathleen enjoys the outdoors and travel.