James V. Handmacher
Jim has over 35 years of experience in commercial litigation, real estate transactions and litigation, and environmental law. His litigation practice includes extensive trial and appellate work. His environmental practice includes site cleanups and cost recovery litigation at numerous sites in Washington and California.
Jim attended Centre College of Kentucky and The Ohio State University and graduated with a B.A. in Political Science in 1974. He then earned his J.D. from University of Michigan in 1978.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Disciplinary Board, Washington State Bar Association (2008-2011)
- Board of Directors and President of Tacoma Actors Guild, a non-profit professional theatre (2003-2007)
- Trustee and President, Seabury School (1998-2001)
- Board of Governors, Washington State Bar Association (1992-95)
- Treasurer, Washington State Bar Association (1995)
- Leader of successful campaign to incorporate the City of Federal Way, and service on the first city council (1989-1991)
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1994)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington (1979)
- Washington (1978)